Every dinner party should start with some nibbles and drinks. Our ‘go to’ nibbles have always been posh crisps but now, on SCD, potato crisps are out of the question and most shop bought nibbles contain illegal ingredients such as sugar and starch.
Every SCD kitchen probably has lots of nuts in thepantry and I have been experimenting to find the best result. I love the sweet and salty flavour combination so that’s waht I went for.
So, it’s nibble time!
Sweet Chilly Roasted Mixed Nuts
100-150g raw Pecan nuts
100-150g raw blanched Almonds
100-150g raw Cashew nuts
(Or use any raw nut combination you like)
25g butter/ghee/coconut oil
2 tsp Honey
1tsp Chilly Flakes
1/2 tsp cooking or table salt
1/2 tsp Pink/Maldon/kosher salt (whichever you have)
- Heat the oven to 150°c and line a large baking tray with aluminium foil.
- In a small saucepan on a medium heat, gently melt the butter with the honey, chilli and cooking salt.
- Measure all the nuts into a large mixing bowl, pour the melted butter-honey mix ontop and mix thoroughly until all the Nuts are covered. Sprinkle the pink salt and mix again, then tip the nuts onto the lined baking tray.
- Roasted for 7min, mix well and roast for another 5min. It’s important to keep your eye on the nuts as every oven is different and you don’t want them to burn.
- Remove from the oven and mix thoroughly again. Aa the nuts cool they might stick, so keep mixing them every few minutes.
- Serve warm or cold. Store in an air tight container and try to leave some for the gusts…